Tuesday 4 December 2007

Tragedies are meant to be experienced, if not seen or felt or heard

Yes, made it. Finally. Me, Dil and Ida managed to meet and ride in my red rhino for a long, LONG drive around pasir ris. But it wasn't anybody's fault. I for one, was scared of entering unchartered territory or somewhere i couldn't figure the exit out. Haha. So, instead of going to Marina Square and grab some Secret Recipe, we headed off to Elias Mall and grabbed Macdonalds to eat by the beach in Pasir Ris park. When i parked the car and we all walked there, there were two malay boys at one end, and a couple hugging the life out of each other at the other end. So we sat in the middle, spread our bare feet and heartily ate our food.

Somehow, while Ida was talking about sad relationship stories, this boy came up to us and asked if he have a lighter. Boy, do we all look like smokers to you? Sheesh, what an insult. So anyways, we continued eating and minding our own businesses and watched them rode off somewhere to find someone with a lighter. Then they came back, dropped their bikes to the grass and started taking drags from their ciggies. Then again, out of the blue, the same boy comes up to us and asked if we all could talk and be friends. I was like... "Boy, leave me alone" - but that was in my heart 'coz i don't wanna get to know strangers who just comes up to us and thinks we're easy to take. I told Ida and Dil that i don't wanna say a word to him because instead of making friends, i might be making enemies. When i dont like a stranger, i'd say things i cannot control and are hard to take back - so therefore, i shut my mouth and left the talking to them. I continued with my McChicken while they talk and look at me for help. I already told them to say that we're UNAVAILABLE and we dont wanna make friends with boys who yell their heads off over some fight they had and then come up to us for a lighter, and also to think we're easy. Jerks.

All the way i was ignoring the two boys trying to make conversation. And i kept thinking about my boyfriend all the way, wishing that he was here to save me. Haha. Seriously. I was pissed, but on the other hand i was frightened. I was frightened and a little thing we say might make him think we wanna do something to them - which i have no intentions whatsoever. Not at all. I was almost on the verge of calling the police and preparing my vocal chords for a bloodcurdling scream. Seriously! I was dead frightened. For the first time in months, i felt vulnerable to the bone. And not only was i freezing because of the chilly winds, i was panicking. But i still kept my cool and ignored them as much as i can. I didnt even wanna look at their faces. Although they tried to look at mine and make me part of their 'conversation'. Please, boy, you're what? Seventeen? I don't play with little fishes. Only sharks, whales, or what have you. LOL.

After a while they realised we're not gonna entertain them any further and they left, saying "peace be upon you", waved - of course i answered back - and rode off. The other boy didn't say a word, just watched us gurls. When they were far, i growled. I was pissed that he could even think we're easy gurls to pick up. But Ida and Dil said it was better we talk then dont talk. I dont understand how it was better but oh well. Then about 9.15pm, we were frozen to our butts and chose to walk back to the carpark to talk somemore. Of course, about relationship stories Ida heard on Ria. I'm no fan of anything malay - not that i am anti-malay-anything, but i just can't understand what they're trying to say. No matter how much i tried to recall my malay, i have a huge, huge difficulty in understanding certain words. So anyways, Ida talked and we all sympathized. There were such sad stories out there that i wasn't aware of and my sympathies goes out to those ladies who lost their soulmates due to sicknesses spreading around the world.

I wanna talk more but after i called my boyfriend up and talked about a recent tragedy that happened to his huge family, i kindda lost it all so... i'll update whatever i wanna say tonight, tomorrow. =)

XOXO

Lana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home