Wednesday 13 August 2008

the miseries of typical singaporeans

I read my friend's blog and she was speaking about how our beautiful country has turned out. It's no longer kind, gracious, polite, decent, or in any way gentle and welcoming. We are soooooooo turned off by Singapore's general attitude nowadays. I'm not being biased or being righteous because i admit, i am one of these peculiar bunch of impolite people. I have been rude, angry, and frustrated with humble people myself, so i am angry with my own attitude. I am, of course, ashamed but i had reasons. Prolly everyone else has the same reasons too.

One thing is: everyone's treating everyone else horribly because everyone was treated with horrible manners. It's a disgusting, vicious cycle that just cannot seem to change for the better no matter how many behavioural classes you attend, or actually choose to tweak the problem. As much as i hate people treating me with disrespect that i don't deserve, it's just how it is. If you wanna confront the person, you will make an unnecessary scene and becomes a case no one will take notice of because it's not important.

Or maybe because we don't bother treating others with respect because the situation doesn't call for it? Since we're always wanting to get things done as fast as we can, without any hindrance or loss time. We are such fussy, impatient people. We just cannot take things slowly. Dignity always comes first. Success is the key thing to a Singaporean's life. Blah blah blah serious.

Seems to me i have achieved nothing blogging about this. I dunno what message i have sent across in this post, so y'all just have to forgive the waywardness of this post. LOL.

My semester is ending on Friday! Yay! But after two weeks of hard studying and dreadful exams, i am free to rest and FAST for a month. I think this year's gonna be fulfilling, i hope.

Take care!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home