Wednesday 29 July 2009

Here comes sappy

Dear World,

As i look at the pictures of my past, at the faces i've grown to adore and love, i've realised that i, too, have changed beyond recognition. I no longer recognise who the girl behind the purple-framed specs was. I could no longer reconnect myself with that girl from years ago. There was too much pain attached to that girl and i can see how much it affected her image, her soul, and her heart. I can tell how disheartened that girl looked, even as she aged into maturity, along with heavier responsibilities dropped on her shoulders and a blurry future ahead of her. I dared not blame the source(s) of her miseries, because that would be going against God's powerful will upon each and every one of His minions living on Earth. I dared not hate those who affected her life, or touched it with utmost affection and compassionate love for her.

I dared not hate whoever crossed my path, stayed on it, or had left it.

Whoever i've met and got to know had left footsteps in my life; footsteps that will be hard to disappear even through the strongest of winds or the harshest of rains. Even if their role in my life had been miniscule, or magnanimously life-changing, i shall never forget their faces, their voices, and how much that used to mean to me. But to those who still stayed with me, think about me if not everytime at least once in their life, i cherish them most. Especially my best friends.

No wonder there's a saying that pictures speak a thousand words... They actually do, to me, as i looked back at those days where i had been happy, was happy, and stayed happy. It was a nostalgic experience for me as i smiled upon my sillyness, the humour, and the laughter i felt coming across from picture to my soul. It touched me where no human being had ever tried, and it softened my heart every time i gave my picture albums a quick glance. Frienships, to me, are the most beautiful things anyone can ever have in their lives and if it weren't for friendships.. none of us would ever have relationships. We wouldn't even know what relationships mean if it weren't for friendships. Stepping stone, if i could say so myself.

And it'll be a waste if anyone of us, including myself, were to take our friendships for granted, thinking that if we dont do a thing the friendship will forever stay strong. That's very wrong, to me.. but rifts are meant to happen in one's friendship/relationship. If not for the adoration or love you feel for your circle of friends, no one will continue to stick by you and comfort you, or watch over you, or hug you, or kiss you. We can't afford to pretend things never happened, nor drag things on if they did. We gotta brush the dust off our knees and stand up for what we cherish, what we love. I love my friends so much it kills me if we ever, ever part. I love them so much they are like my sisters to me and i adore them to death. Without them by my side i dont think i could ever see the light ever again. They're so beautiful to me, i couldn't help but stare in wonder and smile at how bright their grins looked to me.

I would die without my best friends.

Easily put, cherish your friends like they are family. Adore them like they are your little ones. And love them like they are your guardian angels, coz hey, you gotta admit.. sometimes they do look like they are sent from heaven. :)

I love you!

Take care and God Bless

XOXO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home