Sunday 31 May 2009

heads up!

Today was an eye-opener. First, i woke up with sore limbs and a dreary mood. I didn't wanna go anywhere but stay asleep at home until i couldn't sleep anymore. But being my mom, she wouldn't let me stay at home without doing something productive, so i cleared the remains of my old teen-hood things so that dad and bro could bring in my new queen-sized bed, wardrobe and dresser. Mind you, they're hand-me-downs from Mommy and Dad. Anyway, besides feeling my body ache and shake everytime i lift my arm and bend my back, i managed to sit on the floor and peel off my NeoPrint stickers that i had pasted years ago on my full-length mirror.

They were just pictures of my friends, ex-friends, and an ex. As i peeled them off, i expected to feel some kind of emotion brewing inside me. But i guess i felt nothing, thanks to my aching body, so i just peeled them off without any hesitation and thought in mind. Besides, i was busy listening to my PSP and singing along that i couldn't be bothered to BOTHER about feeling anything for dem stickers. They were of the past and they deserve to stay that way.

To Dil and Ida, i'm sorry i couldn't be there to celebrate with you gurls on Mas' engagement! I could if i had the strength and strong limbs. :( Haiz..

Anyway, Mom insists on dragging me out of the house to go to Geylang to get my Hari Raya dress fixed. Apparently, my hips/butt was too damn big (i am not complaining. LOL) and the seamstress had sown it too tight around my bum. When i showed it to her her eyes went so wide i about laughed. Mom eventually told her that i gots an Arab butt so it's huge. -.-'' thanks Mom. HAHA! but i dont mind her saying that. it was cools. ;) i'm proud of my big fat bum HAHAHA.

So 40 mins later, we came back, picked up the new and improved dress and went straight to Parkway Parade for late lunch. Ate at Pastamania since i'm dying to bring my mom there and force her to have a taste of the food. Damn, the Creamy Chicken is so good i finished it all! Stuffed it down my throat, if i could say so. LOLOL. And then, this is the sad part, during the LONG, LONG drive back home, i found out something so horrible i about cried while driving.

I won't disclose what my mom said, but it was by far, the most tragic news i've ever heard. And i thank my mom for letting me know all this. At least the more i know, the more aware i am about Dad and the lesser pain and trouble i will give him. Since he got me my first gold/white-gold ring for my 21st birthday, i thought i should tweak my attitude abit whenever i'm around him. He and I may not see things eye-to-eye (oooh, that rhymed!) but he's still my father. The one and only in this world and i can't take him for granted just because he displeases me, or became unreasonable about some things.



Them.

Now when i look at this pic, little tears come to my eyes and i couldn't imagine my life without them. Without them, i wouldn't be anywhere near disciplined, proper, or happy. Ever. They're my parents. Now is just not the time to ignore their existence.

I love them too damn much..

'Til then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home